I know that some of you are off to University in September so here are some of my top tips for your first year!
- Bring some fancy dress outfits. You will need them for freshers week if not Halloween!
- Don’t bring your whole wardrobe as tempting as it is. Pick out your favorite pieces and leave some clothes at home for when you go home for the weekend.
- Berocca is a great hangover cure so I’ve been told!
- Check your Harvard referring and quotes again and again! Don’t loose silly marks on forgetting to reference quotes or not referencing correctly!
- Never use Wikipedia! It’s unreliable and usually incorrect.
- Pick who you will live with in your second year carefully. Don’t be afraid to say no to people if you’re not sure about them! I’ve been very careful with whom I classified as I friend this year to avoid drama!
- Stay organized and up to date when it comes to your work. Never miss a lecture and risk falling behind as it’s very hard to catch up unlike at school.
- Try and get enough sleep. Sleep is very important in order for your well-being and education!
- Join a gym. It’s great for your well being and mental state more than anything! Going for a run when you’re stressed is an instant anti-stressor and cheaper than a massage!
- Always keep some backup money! I was awful at overspending my money when I thought that I had more than I did and I had to ask my Dad very nicely for some extra money which he wasn’t too happy about!
- Don’t work too hard. University is also about making some new friends and having fun!
Save yourself some money:
Unidays: Make sure to sign up to Uni Days to receive some great discounts at your favorite stores such as; ASOS, Nike, Levi, Zizzi’s, Krispy Kreme. All you need to sign up is your student email.
Studentbeans: This is similar to Unidays. Sign up to student beans to gain even more student discounts. All you need to sign up is your student email.
Check out my other blog post – What to expect in your first year at University to make sure that you’re fully prepared for your first year at University!
See you next Sunday at 6 pm for a new blog post!
– Lauren, XO