Recently I celebrated my 21st birthday belatedly with my God Mother. My mum and God Mother came to visit me in Birmingham for a girly weekend. I vlogged the whole weekend which you can find HERE.
We have a tradition in my family or we have done since I was 18 where each year to celebrate we my birthday we have a girly day out and head to a luxurious restaurant to celebrate.
This year my God Mother kindly came to visit me in Birmingham rather than out usual London pursuits. She researched away and found an amazing vegetarian restaurant here in Birmingham which has actually been on my foodie list of places to go to – Perfect.
1847 is located in central Birmingham inside the great western arcade. It is also near the beautiful cathedral and shops. The grand arcade is a beautiful strip of cafes, restaurants and unique shops.
To start of the wonderful evening we started with cocktails. I ordered a Rosemary Martini. It was a sweet and sour drink similar to a cosmo and likewise, it was of course pink. My favorite drinks!
1847 kindly gave me this cocktail for my birthday so thank you so much to them for that! It was delicious and I enjoyed it as you can see from the pictures and my huge ‘yummy’ smile.
For food, we all decided to share our dishes so we ordered three of everything to try. We had the summer A La Carte menu and had three courses. All of the food was delicious and we left feeling nicely full and a little tipsy…
So for starters, we chose;
– Goats Cheese Bonbons (chili jam/pickled & baked kohlrabi/baby leaf)
– Tofu Scallops (cucumber carpaccio/avocado mousse/mizuna/black sesame crisp)
– Sweetcorn Pannacotta (sweetcorn veloute/crispy corn/chipotle chili oil/amaranth)
My personal favorite was the goat’s cheese bonbons but it was all delicious and so full of flavor. The portion sizes for starters was perfect. I didn’t feel too full before my main meal.
So for the mains we chose;
– Potato Pave (charred broccoli/chive sauce/crispy potato skins/potato powder)
– Ricotta Dumplings (confit cherry tomato/charred onion petals/tomato broth/basil oil)
– Beer Battered Halloumi (buttermilk/dill/lime/dulse ash)
My personal favorite was the Potato Pave but again it was all delicious. I was craving carbs this evening so the potato was perfect. I was feeling fairly stuffed at this point but I ALWAYS have room for dessert of course…
So for the dessert we chose;
– Dark chocolate nemesis (sea buckthorn gel/Greek yogurt/meringue shards/cocoa)
– Black rice and coconut donut (kaffir lime leaf sorbet/pineapple/coconut sauce/micro Thai basil)
– Vanilla Parfait (strawberry/balsamic gastrique/strawberry crisp/nasturtium)
My favorite was, of course, the brownie. I am a HUGE chocolate addict so future boyfriend if you don’t know what to get me… CHOCOLATE. Again though all the food was honestly divine.
I would highly recommend 1847 whether you’re vegetarian, vegan or a meat eater. The food and drinks were delicious and affordably priced. The atmosphere was very chilled and the staff was so friendly! I will be heading back here for sure!
I hope you guys enjoyed this blog post and I’ll see you next Friday!
Leave a Reply